Monday, January 18, 2010

Dear Blog Friends


Please forgive me, I know it has been a long time since my last comment at your blog.  Right now my life feels like this cake looks.  Sunday night my parents hosted a "going-away" dinner for us at Bucca.  We all had a good time even though it was for a sad occasion.  We ate at a big round table called "The Pope's Table".  As you will notice behind the cake is a glass box with, yes, the Pope!  This head was in the center of a big lazy susan so anyone could spin it around and have the Pope stare.  It was pretty hilarious.


Above is a picture of the whole gang minus the one taking the picture.  Otherwise the boys and I have been trying to spend time with friends before we leave.  The deep pain of parting has been hard to bear at times.  Parting with pets, parting with family, parting with friends.  Sometimes I get a tad bit irritable, or I sit and blankly stare into space, sometimes I walk around wringing my hands, sometimes I am on my knees and sometimes I am weeping.

4 comments:

Seawashed said...

I am so sorry about Princess...she is so beautiful. It seems this journey is one of "HE makes all things NEW"...you are going to a new state, new home, new job, new school, new parks, new, new, new and you will even get new pets. Just think, after you get settled you can find a kitten, or bunny, or even a puppy...new, new, new.


And guess what? My son is moving the Redlands within the next week or two. He got laid off from work when my hubby did and hasn't been able to find work here. He got a job offer from his sweethearts Uncle whom owns a Construction Co. and so he is moving to work for him and will be living with him and his wife. My first child to leave the nest. We are excited for him.

Rachel Smith said...

Hey! I wanted to check in with you and see how you were doing with your upcoming move. Even though I have been absent from the blogging world for a little while, I have been thinking of you and praying for you. I know that this is a bitter sweet time for you.

I scrolled back to your pictures. What a beautiful mountain scene you will soon be living in! Also I love that back deck!

Becky said...

Thank you ladies! So thankful for your words and prayers.

Sharon said...

I remember when we moved from FL to GA. It was the day after Thanksgiving and when it was time for us all to leave my brother's house after spending a wonderful Thanksgiving day together, it was VERY difficult saying goodbye. Lots of crying on my part. But, my parents ended up moving up here near us and my brothers and sister come up at least once a year to visit. It took about six months to a year before it felt like home, but I love it here and we've met so many wonderful people that we feel close to. It is an adjustment, but God is with you and will help you adjust. My prayers are still with you.