Thursday, December 17, 2009

Here

Well, here is Denver and I am using Mark's laptop to post.  I have been telling myself that this trip is no biggie because we will come back home, but on the plane I couldn't fool myself.  As the plane lifted up in the air my tears began to flow.  Looking down at the ocean and my lovely California I realized that it is no longer going to be what I call home.  The plane flew over the deserts of California & Arizona.  Then we passed over the red land of Utah into the mountainous land of Colorado.  All the snow and cotton ball clouds looked beautiful.  As we approached Denver I saw the flat plains which looked like pictures I have seen.

While we were up in the air, the young couple that is buying The Little Blue Cottage were showing their parents the house.  I am thankful that I will be able to spend Christmas in California with my extended family before we move.  I am going to need mega strength to accomplish the final separation from my beloved California.  I know that strength has to come from God.  Before I left home a grabbed up my monthly letter from Dr. Charles Stanley and put it in my purse.  Before we boarded the plane I began reading it and soaking up the wonderful words of encouragement.

"Life is full of change.  But if we focus on how different things can be from one day to the next, we may feel insecure and discouraged about the future.  So as you think about all that has happened this past year, I encourage you not to dwell on the ups and downs, the mountains and valleys, or the triumphs and troubles.  Instead consider how God has been absolutely faithful through it all. (Lam. 3:22-24)"

"Hebrews 13:8 tells us, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  Our Savior remains consistent and steadfast regardless of how uncertain our lives may appear.  Time has no effect on Him, and our circumstances never surprise or confuse Him.  Our heavenly Father is in control of everything that has happened, that is happening, and that ever will happen here on earth."  ~Charles Stanley

3 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

its scary to be undergoing this change, but God will give you perfect peace as you keep your heart fixed on Him. Great things you are sharing!! They encourage me :-)

Susan said...

I am happy for the new adventures ahead for you. Being sentimental, I understand how hard it must be to say goodbye not just to a house and a city, but an entire state. I'll pray for a smooth transition. In times like that, it helps me to try NOT overthinking things. Distraction helps (me at least). Christmas blessings to you and your family!

Seawashed said...

Thank you for these words of encouragement. I was a bit teary yesterday with the changes happening in our lives as well. But I had to choose to keep my eyes on Him and not the curcumstances. I understand your pain in leaving your Beloved California. I know that pain, it is real, and it is hard. At least you can fly...that makes the distance shorter. I'm afraid to fly and driving makes it so far.