Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bird

This little box that says "Family" tickled my fancy. When I saw it, I just had to have it. It reminds me of my bird. I have been a bit sad because I have not seen my bird for a few days. The last time I saw Bird was on Sunday before I left to see my girlfriend. It is not like him to be gone this long. Recently a Mourning Dove was killed in our backyard. The boys found its feathers on scattered near our plum tree on Monday morning. Probably a hawk as I have seen them float by every so often. Since it happened the birds have not been coming around much. Then suddenly this evening Bird came by! I was filled with joy. He has more dark feathers coming in. It is so wonderful to watch him grow. He gulped down the worms I fed him and then flew off. He seemed very nervous, I guess the recent scare with the hawk has all the birds rattled. I am so glad he is safe and well.

My poll regarding the new background is tied. There are two votes for the plain pink background and two votes for the new background. Hmm, who is willing to break the tie? Leave a comment and let me know which one you like best.

4 comments:

Seawashed said...

I've missed alot here, while away on holiday. Looks like you are enjoying summer. I love your new background, it is similar to my new one. And I like your music, I have most of these soundtracks. You are blessed to live by the sea, it is so healing. The salty air is so good for us.

candy said...

I like the plain pink background best but you should go with what you like :) Either way it is always pretty here :)

Chaos Cottage said...

I like the current background. So soft and I like that kind of blue. It's robins egg blue.

I think this little birdie of yours is preparing you for when your own little birdies leave the nest. Have you thought about that?

Becky said...

Fairmaiden, you have been missed. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Candy, thank you, you are so sweet!

Pam, can you tell I am not good at letting go? ;-) Yes, I think God is on to me.