Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer is Coming

This week is finals week so our workload for school is light. The boys went to school today. After school Eric and I started cleaning up the sunroom. It has been a mess of books, papers, school supplies, etc. It certainly feels nice to have that room cleaned up. Next I have to go through all their books and tag them for the used book sale at the school next week. The last day of school will be June 12th. The boys and I have mixed emotions because they will be leaving private school behind. It will be a big change for all of us. Even so, we are looking forward to summer, especially since I am in less pain since staying off hormones. It looks like we will be able to have some fun this summer.

I have been feeling melancholy, but certainly perk up when Lady Bird comes for a visit. Before I left for my uncle's memorial she would come by at least 3 times a day. Since then, I only get to see her once a day if I am blessed. She comes with the other birds to eat the seed I put out. Sometimes she waits for me in the plum tree where I feed her worms and we visit. Monday morning when I came out she flew from the plum tree and sat on my head. She is always happy to see me, but then she flies away and I miss her.

No comments: