Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rough Week

If you are looking for one of those blog entries that is sweet and nice, this post may not be your cup of tea. At our house there are struggles with one personality grating on another. Life here at the Little Blue Cottage is not all roses. In my writings I hope to show how God can work through the tough times in life. I have written about my health journey, but today I am going to write a bit about life with my boys.

This week was one of those weeks where a mother struggles with teenagers that have a mind of their own. The suggestion that one get dressed goes unheeded because a video game is much more enjoyable. Then there was the time I asked my teen to clean up his room and he said, "When I grow up, I am not going to marry someone that is a neat freak." Oh, there was the incident where someone pulled an electrical cord out of the outlet in the sunroom and pulled out the wall panel with it. Then there was the time when a pulley was rigged up to a telephone pole and I caught the doer of this deed before he hoisted himself up the pole (electrical wires and all). Yes, there is never a dull moment here at the Little Blue Cottage.

Thankfully, I am coming up on a weekend alone. Praise God for Boy Scouts! With all my men going off camping this weekend, I get some much needed "alone time". And this time I am feeling well enough to enjoy myself. Aaahhh.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes, that sounds like life. Ahhhh! What's a woman to do when she has quiet time all to herself? So many things come to mind that you couldn't possibly have time to do them all! :)

Sue said...

This psot was comforting and scary at the same time. With three boys of my own, I was thinking, "you mean they will still be doing dangerous and inexplicable things when they are teens?!" The other half of me had to smile and be glad to know that I'm not the only one who has to deal with these things!