Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thank You!

Friends, I humbly thank you for your prayers. I can see the Lord's great love through your posts. I wanted to let you know how much your prayers have made a difference. Amazingly, when Mark called on Monday morning we got an appointment for the next day (Tuesday, Jan. 6). Mark said he was completely surprised and he decided to take a day off from work so he could come to the appointment. My doctor is a very good man. I told him my symptoms and he said they sound more associated with my large bowel than the small. He has been concerned about my small bowel ever since I had the blockage. He did an exam and told me that the site of the reconnection is open. More so than he expected. That was excellent news and helped put me at ease. He said that there could possibly be a kink above the site, so he wants me to get a barium x-ray just to make sure. Wouldn't you know, for the first time in weeks, I had a normal movement this morning. It was a blessing, but with how things have been it could change back tomorrow. Oh, yes, my doctor also said he wants me to increase my fiber intake. I have been lax in that area because last time I did I experienced the intestinal blockage. I am sure it is just a mental block at this point. Even so, when I told Eric I was going to start eating my steamed veggies again he was not too keen on the idea.

Between my bowel, having a cold, home schooling and trying to keep up our home, I have been quite overwhelmed. Sometimes I fall asleep holding my Bible close to me. The boys have so much work I can barely keep up. Trying to keep the both of them focused and organized is tough especially when they both have ADD (I don't believe in medicating - I pray). Since we are coming up on finals for the semester, there are reports and presentations on top of the daily work. Plus, I am teaching Eric history at home so I have all the grading of his papers, planning assignments, etc. Sometimes the clothes pile up or there are dust bunnies on the floor as some things have to wait when others cannot.

Even when things are overwhelming, there are the little joys. Like a homemade ham salad sandwich for lunch, a cold glass of apple cider, or the smell of an eggnog scented candle burning on the table. Here is another quote from "The Charm of Simple Things":

"When we forget the obvious, the little joys, the meals together,
the birthday celebrations, the weeping together in time of pain,
the wonder of the sunset or the daffodil peeping through the snow,
we become less human."

Madeleine L'Engle

Whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever, Amen. 1 Peter 4:11.

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

Praise the Lord for a quick appointment.

Praying for you! I wish that I lived close by. I would come over and give you some help!

Sending a hug your way!