Sunday, January 4, 2009

Feeling Afraid

I have been feeling afraid lately. I know things are not right with my bowel. I am digesting my food better, but my colon is not working correctly. I am still skinny, weighing in at 103. I get worried that if I have to have more surgery, how much more weight will I lose? I get a touch of nausea off and on everyday now as well as pain. I also experience bloating and water retention. When I get that my body starts feeling sick. Thankfully, taking a laxative has helped when I can't push it out. But then I worry, what if one day the laxative doesn't work? Once things move I feel much better, but then it starts all over again. I have always been one to go every morning like clock-work, but that isn't happening anymore. To be honest, my colon is not working as good as when I was first put back together. I just do not know what to expect day to day. On top of all of this I have caught a virus that is hanging out in my throat. I am just feeling down and out right now. All I can do is keep plodding along waiting on the Lord to bring healing. Mark is going to call the doctor's office and see if I can get in this month rather than waiting till February. I pray that something opens up.

"The good man does not escape all troubles - he has them too. But the Lord helps him in each and every one." Psalm34:19

3 comments:

Sue said...

Becky, I am praying for you. I pray that God's perfect love will cast out every fear. I will also pray with you that you can get in to see the doctor soon.

Sharon said...

Oh Becky! I am praying for you dear!!!

Heavenly Father,
Thank You for my friend Becky. You know all she has been through and I'm asking You in the name of Jesus to heal her body. You know the problem and we know You can fix it. Thank You for hearing and answering our prayers.
In Jesus Christ's Precious Name,
Amen.

Rachel Smith said...

My friend I am praying for you. I pray that you will be healed quickly. I pray that you will not be afraid. I pray that you will be able to go to the doctor soon.