Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally some rain...

Tonight we have this beautiful sunset, isn't it gorgeous? Finally some rain moved in creating cooler temperatures. So thankful to have moisture in the air, it feels wonderful after the warm, dry spell we endured. I am having homemade soup for dinner and I baked a pumpkin pie for dessert. Yum! As I type this, my men are getting their hiking gear together for a day hike tomorrow. They will be traveling to the local mountains. Since it rained here they may encounter some snow on their hike. The boys will love that.

I had my barium enema x-ray on Thursday. Unfortunately, the cleanse was harsh on me, I got lightheaded and weak. My weight dropped down to 99 lbs. I am eating again, but having a lot of pain with it, so I am not eating much. The enema was a bit painful at times, but I made it through (thanks to God). I had a wonderful nurse, he was so kind. He told me that I did very well and he wished all his patients did as well as me. That was so sweet of him to say. I got to see my colon on the screen. Wow! I do not have a textbook colon, mine is all over the place, probably due to scar tissue. He did get a good close up picture of the reconnection. Now I just have to wait and see what my doctor says on February 3rd.

There was a parent meeting at the school. It was regarding registration for next year. The prices have gone up which I was afraid they would. With the price increase there is no way we can sign up for next year. So we are praying for doors to open. I pray we can get into the schools we desire. It is in God's hands.

2 comments:

candy said...

The picture is pretty!
I am glad the xray is done and will pray for good news about it.
Today I am in severe stomach pain. I get that sometimes from certain medication or food I take. I think it was from too much chili powder that I love, that I added to my lasgana last night. When I get this pain, it is nonstop for 4-5 days. My son is sick with a cold and on antibiotic because he almost got an ear infection.
Lets pray for each other :):)
Hugs!

Becky said...

Hi Candy,

Thanks for posting, it is wonderful to hear from you. I am honored to be able to pray for you and your son. Hugs!