Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Multi-tasking

I am sure this is something any mother can nod her head at and say "YES! I do that." As a mom multi-tasking is part of the job qualifications. It is a skill that women have by nature, but as a mother we tend to reach the outer limits. Most times I am multi-tasking without even knowing it, but yesterday I actually caught myself in the act. Driving around town running errands, thinking of various friends, praying for them as I was driving or shopping. I also attempted a new horizon of multi-tasking I never thought I would stoop too. I ate an apple while I changed the filter on the fish tank. And not only that, I also washed a dish in the sink while eating an apple. Yes, scrubber in one hand, apple in the other. It must of looked ridiculous to any on looker, but I am sure you Moms out there know what this is all about. There never seems to be enough hours in the day. That horrible "To do" list seems to go on forever. The laundry, dishes, cleaning, cooking, shopping, gardening, pets, kids, etc. Lately, in the morning, I have been trying to not jump out of bed so quickly. Rather, I reach over for my Bible and read it and/or my devotional. Starting the day with quiet time, while my cats nag me for breakfast, has been refreshing. It is always nice to have the memory of that peaceful time to carry me through the day.

No comments: