Saturday, October 3, 2009

Still Sick and Some Shocking News

Thank you to those of you who have prayed for us. Turns out that Mark is fine, he just isn't getting sick. Praise God!!! But we had to cancel our little trip away, so that was a bummer. The boys are better, but not all the way. My fever got up to 101.8 at the highest. It finally broke this morning and the rest of the day I have had a low grade fever. This flu is a tenacious beast. I still feel miserable and I am not able to what I usually do.

Okay, imagine, there I am sick with a fever and my husband comes home and tells me that his company is closing up shop here in California. Then he tells me that they have offered him a position in the Denver, Colorado. Yeah, shocking right? The boys and I were stunned to say the least. All of us are native Californians, we have lived in California all our lives. My family is here, our friends, doctors, dentist, etc. We don't want to leave, but we have no other alternative.

The unemployment rate in California is the highest it has ever been. Even if Mark can land another job, how long will it take? If he has to take a cut in pay we won't be able to afford that because the cost of living in California has gone up. Then with the property values down we will be blessed to break even on our house. Right now nothing looks good to me.

I don't quite know how I am going to say this next part. Those of you who know the Lord, well, I know you will understand. A few years ago, the Lord put a strong desire in my heart to want to move. I felt if we were going to move it was definitely going to be the Lord's doing and I had to leave that desire completely with Him. It was around that time the Lord impressed on me the state of Colorado, saying we would move there and I would not be happy about it. I knew that a division of the company Mark works for is in Colorado, but at the time Mark's company was stable.

Time went by and I put the moving thing on the back burner. I decided I need to bloom where I am planted here at my little blue cottage. Then the news came that Mark's company was bought by a company in Germany. I watched as things changed within the company. Then the layoffs. Now, years after I was impressed by the Lord, Mark comes home and says we are moving to Colorado. When Mark spoke those words I was shocked, but at the same time I knew...this is the Lord's will for us. I do not know how it will work out, what is there for us, etc. I just have to trust and obey.

So dear readers, please follow me on my journey and see what the Lord is going to do.


Chaos Cottage said...

Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Praying for your family dear friend.


Sue said...

Wow! Your story gave me the chills! Isn't it amazing how God just takes care of us so lovingly? I can't wait to see what He is going to do in your lives.

I am sorry that you are still feeling so lousy. I will keep praying!

fairmaiden said...

Yes I understand...the LORD was good to prepare you. I am excited for you. Who knows what the LORD has for you there...healing? New Doctors that could help? The air is much cleaner will be good for you to get away from the smog. I will not lie though, you will miss California, and the ocean. But embrace the good that He has for your family. It is good news that your hubby has a job still. Amazing really.

I'm am thankful your fever came down. I know how much harder it is to have the flu when your already weak in health. I will be praying, as I lay in bed sick too.

I will sure miss your little blue house...maybe you should consider renting it out. I wish we had rented ours when we moved to MO. rather than sell. We lost money by selling and ended up returning to CA. in 18 mos with no home. We had to rent for 6 yrs. before we were able to buy again.

I will be with you on this journey my friend.

Candy-faith said...

Hope you feel better soon!
Colorado is awesome!!! You are in for a treat!! It is alot like my city.