Monday, August 17, 2009

Little Fish - Big Pond

Our goldfish Comet & Cupid.

Right now I am having a bit of writer's block. I have tried to start this post a couple different ways and it just isn't working. All I know is that when I start to say what I want, it sounds selfish, so I am going to say it this way. Sometimes I feel like a little fish in a big pond and if a fisherman was fishing and he caught me, he would throw me back because I am a little fish. But you know, that is what God wants for me and there is blessing in that.

Today I was a taxi driver. I drove four boys around town. Eric and two of his friends had plans to film a video that they want to put on You Tube. The plan did not work out the way they wanted it to, but they got some filming done and had fun doing it. One of his friends stayed for dinner. If it had not been for my willingness to be there for these boys, their attempt to make their movie would not have happened today. I have been enjoying having young people over to our house. Sometimes I feel like being a stay at home mom is not enough to do with my life, but when I get to open my home to others I feel the Lord is using me to work His will in their lives.

I also spent time listening to a friend who is having trouble with her marriage. She lives on the other side of the country from me, so I cannot be of much help, but lending an ear is a good way to show I care and saying prayers. Also, My Aunt had her surgery for rectal cancer. They gave her a colostomy and she absolutely hates it. Of course her having a colostomy made me remember when I had mine. I was truly blessed of the Lord because I really did not hate mine. I was scared to take care of it at first, but I got used to it. And I remember having a little trouble with clothes, but then shopping for new clothes was fun. Anyway, Aunt M wants hers reversed as soon as possible. Thankfully she has my other two Aunts helping her, so she is in good hands.

So where am I going with this post? You know, I really don't know, but God does. Hopefully something I have written here will strike a cord with you and He will use my humble writings and life it to speak to you. All I know is that I am blessed of God even when I do not think I am.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Becky, this blessed me today. I was feeling like I wouldn't have time to get much done, because our neighbor girls (who don't go to church) are coming over for dinner and for the night. Your post helped me refocus on what's really important - setting a good example, giving of ourselves and our time to others. In the long run, is anything more important??