Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chit Chat

Okay, Monday, I had my phone consult with my endometriosis doctor (up north). He said he was sorry that the Danazol did not work out for me. He told me to continue without hormones since my pain level has decreased. He also said that he can do surgery. It would be a targeted surgery in the area that I am complaining of. That is just what I was thinking I wanted. With all that laid out before me, I have opted to wait things out another month. I really do not want another surgery, but it does not look like this problem is going to go away without it. Both Mark and I feel the Lord wants us to wait, we need more time in prayer. We want to be sure we do His will, not ours.

Mark is more confident than I am right now. I tend to fill with anxiety, a bad habit from my childhood and the way I grew up. The Lord has brought me through so much, you think I would stop fretting so. I have learned about trials. God uses each and every one of them to work good in our lives. That often times the trial not only benefits us, it benefits others also. That God's glory is seen by others through your trial. When people pray for you and see God work it strengthens their relationship with Him. There are all sorts of trials that we encounter during our life and each one has its value. Trials are opportunities to view God's power, grace and love. To come into a deeper relationship with Him, to be vessels of His glory and power, etc. May I be as Job and be able to say "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord."

In other news, we got a call from a public high school, the one the boys want to attend. We have an appointment for an interview on May 21st. Mark and I are thrilled. We see it as God's providence. We have both had confirmation from the Lord that this is the way to go. It is hard to take the boys out of a good Christian environment and put them into a worldly situation, but God has directed things this way for us. As I told the boys, God has a plan for them and will use them to make a difference.

As for Lady Bird, she came back to us again after her Monday play day. I started to think that she was not going to come back because it was getting late, but she did. Today she spent the day at home. She was content to lounge on my shoulder. In the early evening we let her out to fly around for a bit. She mostly enjoyed hanging out in the plum tree.

No comments: