Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pink Socks

Last night I was so tired I fell asleep sitting up in the recliner. After getting my jammies on I laid down on our ugly green sofa to watch some TV. I fell asleep. I woke up around 2 a.m. and began trying to find my socks. I had laid them on the sofa next to me. Now my feet were cold so I wanted the socks. As I felt around the sofa in the dark I found one, but could not find the other. I was getting frustrated because I just wanted to sleep. Finally my hand hit something soft and I pulled on it. Unfortunately, it was not my sock, instead it was the stuffing from the sofa. I felt more and realized there is a hole in one of the cushions. Sigh. I put the stuffing back in and turned the light on and found my sock.

Once in my bed, I had trouble falling asleep because of pain. All day long I had endured pain and a queezy feeling in my tummy. I laid in bed on my side, but got uncomfortable, so I sat up and held my tummy. My whole body felt in distress. It felt like my bowel was going to stop or burst. I heard a lot of gurgling going on and then finally something sort of popped. After that, the pain calmed down, my body relaxed and I felt completely exhausted. I fell asleep, but morning came too soon. I had to get up early because Eric had an appointment with the orthodontist at 8 a.m.

I have been doing alright today. It has been a day full of homeschooling. This evening I whipped up a batch of cookies for everyone and made their favorite dinner which I call "Cheesy Mac". It always makes me feel good that even though I have this physical problem I am still able to create happiness for my guys. Tonight my tummy is being fairly decent. I hope it stays that way while my men are at camp.

No comments: