Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Saturday

Today I took a bit of time for me in the morning. All my men were sleeping, so the house was nice and quiet. The kitties could hardly wait to have their breakfast. They always come and bug me till I get up to feed them. After I fed them, I turned the heater on and put the tea kettle on the burner. I made myself a cup of hot tea and some oatmeal. Then I heated a cranberry roll and slathered it with butter. I put a blanket down on the sofa and sat in its warmth while I ate my breakfast and watched a Christmas cooking show. My youngest son is always an early riser. We cuddled on the couch for awhile and he fell asleep with his head in my lap. It was a very nice morning.

My "To Do" list included Christmas shopping, so I went to the mall. I tackled getting gifts for my 6 nieces. I went to Macy's and they had the prettiest Christmas jewelry on sale for $6. I did not get any, I resisted the temptation. I wound up at Bath & Body Works and I bought "Twisted Peppermint" bubble bath for my nieces. This soap smells so good with a combination of mint, sugar and vanilla. I love the smell so much that I bought some bubble bath for myself. ;-)

I also got myself a pair of brown leather pumps today. I have been searching for just the right pair and I finally found them. The extra special treat was that I got them for $26!! DSW sent me a coupon in the mail for $20 off a pair of shoes. It was a deal I could not pass by.

Then it was home to have some lunch, do some laundry, wrap presents and help my son with his report for history. Then I made dinner, which was pasta. For the sauce, I sauteed some spinach with olive oil, garlic, basil and a sprinkle of onion salt. I added a jar of spaghetti sauce and heated it all through. I served it sprinkled with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. It is a good way to get my boys to eat spinach.

In the mail I received a package from my friend Kathy. She sent me homemade fudge. Yum! I think my Saturday has been very blessed, except for my husband being sick with a cold. I hope my turn to catch the cold can stay away until after my doctor appointment on Tuesday. That is the day I will get the results of my CT scan.

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

That peppermint bath stuff sounds like it would smell yummy! I am going to have to go smell it out for myself. It will probably be real soothing during this winter season. It may even open up the sinuses when a cold is setting in.