Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am home

Hello, I am home from the hospital! It was a week ago today that I had my surgery to reverse my colostomy. The time of my surgery was delayed. I went into prep around 2:30 pm. Not being able to eat or drink made it uncomfortable, but no biggie. I was able to talk to my doctor before the surgery which was comforting and the surgery team was very nice. As I passed through the doors to the operating room I fell off to sleep. When I woke up later that evening I was in recovery and the first thing I noticed was that my stoma was gone. Next thing I knew I was wheeled into my private room and my husband and sons were with me. Friday, my room began to fill with flowers, visitors and the phone was ringing, it was a blessed day. The next few days were spent in a whirlwind of pain, needles, medicines, discomfort, etc. I had one day where I did regret not having a stoma simply because I was having such a hard time. I am thankful for all the nurses and doctors that cared for me during that time, they sure had to put up with some grumpiness. It is wonderful to be home with my men again, they missed me as well as the kitties. We had a family dinner tonight and everything tasted so good, I think because we are so happy to be altogether at home again. All of us will sleep well tonight. I still have a great deal of healing to do yet, but God has been very gracious to me and I am thankful. I am sure that He will continue to be with me in the days ahead. Many thanks to Candy and Sharon for your comments on my blog, they are very much appreciated.

No comments: