Friday, October 3, 2008

Good Memories #2

This is one of my favorite pictures from our 2005 family vacation. It is a picture of my husband and youngest son Brandon on top of a sand dune at White Sands National Monument in New Mexico. I remember in the 1980's I saved box tops from cereal to send away for an atlas of the United States. In that atlas, they had a picture of White Sands National Monument and that picture made me want to go there. Well, I finally went in the summer of 2005. It was hot, but it was peaceful and the sand was so soft. We had fun hiking around, and the boys had fun sliding down the dunes.

This next picture is of my boys in The Painted Desert in Arizona (on the same trip). We traveled all over the southwest on our 2005 family vacation. We had a picnic nearby this lovely spot.

I have everything I need for my upcoming bowel prep. I have to start thinking of things I want to take to the hospital. Of course my Bible will be going and a little bed jacket that my sweet friend Monique gave me. I am trying to eat some favorite foods before the show gets on the road. I am so nervous.

No comments: