Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Character

With my upcoming surgery not far away, I feel the Lord has been ministering to me through the good wishes and prayers of friends. I am very blessed to see the love of God in a tangible way. I am thankful to all who are saying prayers for me and my family. I have also been finding that God is very concerned with the development of our character. One way that God develops our character is through trials, like the one we have been going through. Thankfully, God is not impressed by outward appearances, because I have not been a very together person lately. I am thankful that God looks on my heart, and that He sees what myself and others cannot. He knows what is best for me and my part is to trust that he does regardless of what I see up ahead. By faith not by sight, that has been my banner.


Jude 1:24-25 says, "Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen."


James 1:2-3 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."


Today I bought my first package of Depends. My doctor told me to expect to have diarrhea and accidents after the reconnection of my bowel. It is going to take time to build the muscles up since they have been resting for over a year now. I also got my sparkling apple cider for the bowel prep cocktail. I just have to get the two bottles of Fleet soda (yuck). After doing errands I began to not feel well, sore throat, aches and slight congestion. I have not been sleeping well or much lately. I have been extremely tense, clenching my teeth, etc. Please pray that I will be well for my surgery and that God will fill me with His peace. Thank you.


No comments: