Friday, September 11, 2009

Free Love

Today I thought I would share some verses that are touching me.

"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you; continue ye in my love." John 15:9

God's love is there for me. It is free. It is the football I need to pick up and run with. Sometimes I drop the ball. Then there are those days I feel I am unworthy to carry the ball. Grabbing on to God's love and hanging on is the only thing that gets me through difficult days.

"But His joy is in those who reverence Him, those who expect Him to be loving and kind." Psalm 147:11

I like this verse because it corrects my thinking about the Lord. I am to expect Him to be loving and kind. Isn't it amazing that the Lord is actually joyful when I need Him. This is hard for me to fathom due to issue in my past, but God is so amazingly patient with me. This is the reason I praise Him.

"Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses." Luke 12:15

I like this verse because it corrects my desires. My life is not about material goods (money, car, house, etc). Praise God! This verse gives me the refocus that I need. It refreshes me like taking a dip in a pool on a hot day. The Lord has not gifted me with material wealth, but none the less I am rich!

A short quote:

The riches of this world are vain,
They vanish in a day;
But sweet the treasures of God's love-
They never pass away. ~Bosch

No comments: