Monday, September 14, 2009

Feels Like Fall Today

Puffy white clouds with a slight touch of gray moved in. It feels like Autumn has decided to take up residence; well, at least for the day. I decided to take a few pictures around the cottage.

Another of my school decorations on display for the month of September. The sign says "Too many days till vacation." I have been hanging this cute sign up since the boys were in elementary school. They still love it.

I decided to do a little bit of Autumn decorating. I love how this silk flower arrangement looks with the dark wood of the antique table.

Here is Dusty kitty in a basket taking a nap. The basket is right next to my computer table. She likes to sleep nearby me.

Here is a recent frivolous purchase totaling $4.00. The blue plate was 99 cents and the creamer was $2.99. I just thought it looked so pretty together.

Here is a new nightstand that I bought yesterday. It is currently on sale at Target stores for $79.99 (originally $99.99). Eric put it together for me, he did a great job. I am mixing dark wood furniture with white in my bedroom. Why? Because I recently picked up a white vanity for free. I have always wanted a vanity. Once I put it in my bedroom it looked neat with the dark wood dressers I've had since 1988. Here is a picture of the vanity, it has a stool to go with it, but my men are in the midst of repairing it.

In other news, Mark and I planned a getaway for ourselves this coming weekend. We did not really do much for our anniversary this year, so this trip was going to make up for that. Well, both Mark and I feel like we are coming down with a cold virus. I am so disappointed, I was so looking forward to our little trip to the sea right next to Torrey Pines State Park. Oh well, I guess the Lord has other plans for us.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I hope you get feeling better and can still go on the getaway! Love your recent finds; your decorating is lovely. Now I am thinking *I* need to get out the fall things ... it IS getting cooler, isn't it?

Becky said...

Susan, thank you so much for your lovely comment and the well wishes! My favorite season is fall. Looking forward to pumpkin pie, cider and trying your apple butter recipe. :-)