Monday, July 20, 2009

Around the House

Here is recent sunset picture I took. I live in a big city and I am always so amazed that I can walk out my front door in the evening and view the most dazzling sunsets. It is truly a blessing from God.

Here is my pedicure basket. It has all my goodies for treating little me. Sometimes I split the task into 2 days. One day I remove the polish, clip, exfoliate and moisturize. The next day I am ready to file and then paint. I prefer doing my own as the chemicals they use at salons are not kind to my nails. Today I painted my toes a color called "Linen", which is a soft white color. I love polish, the red color pictured above is a favorite.

This is a picture of dishes for my kitties Princess & Dusty. They are dishes made in Japan. Aren't they cute?

This is a picture of a new pillow sham that I bought. I got it for $10, which was pretty good. I love pillow shams and this sham is now one of my favorites.

The weather has warmed up around here. The boys and I get pretty lazy in the afternoon with it being so warm. Especially since we do not have air conditioning. The only air conditioning we have is a portable unit in our sunroom. I set up a dining table in that room so we can eat our dinner in cool air. I should start making summer salads. One of my favorites is a curried shrimp salad I got from Paula Deen's website. Try it out, it's delicious!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Becky! Thanks for your kind words on my blog. What a beautiful sunset picture. I love your little kitty dishes--they are adorable.
I will come back and check out your other blogs.

candy said...

This is all so pretty!!! :)