Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Scones

1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
3/4 cup raisins (or blueberries)

1. Preheat oven to 400*F. Whisk the egg and milk together in glass measuring cup. In a mixing bowl measure out dry ingredients.

2. Drop the butter into the flour. Use pastry blender or your hands to blend until pebbly. Pour in milk & egg mixture. Mix with a fork until the dough is evenly moist. Add the raisins/blueberries and give the sticky dough a few more stirs.



3. Spoon the mixture onto a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. I sprinkle each with a bit of sugar.


4. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes (although mine were done at 18 minutes) or browned to your liking. Cool for a bit and serve warm with butter and/or jam. Makes 10 to 12.


My boys loved waking up to these scones. I used fresh blueberries and they came out nice. If you make the recipe I hope you enjoy it.

In other news, I took my first Arimidex pill. I have been in pain for days so I decided to just go ahead and take one. Some of my pain has calmed down so I guess it is already working. However some of my other pain is still bothering me. Sigh. I just have to keep praying.

Mark is a bit down these days and it is no wonder with his father having health problems and then all the lay-offs at work. He said that the office is really empty and quiet. The company leased two buildings to house all the employees it had. Now they have laid off enough employees that everyone can fit into one building. That is a lot of employees!

2 comments:

candy said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe :)
Hope you are well Becky.
Love Candy :)

Rachel Smith said...

I will be using this recipe. The picture has my mouth watering, and I think that my nose may be smelling them through the computer. :) They look so good.