Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Winter Day

This morning the sun came out, but just before lunch the clouds moved in and it began to rain. It was gloomy and cold the rest of the day. Today was Scout Sunday at the Congregational Church. That means there is a pancake breakfast before the service. My men woke up early so that they could set up and start cooking at the church. When I arrived at the door of the Fellowship Hall, I had two scouts ready to seat and serve me. It was darling! I had pancakes and sausage and it all went down just fine...no pain!

Once we got home from church, I made a pot of Italian bean soup and baked a batch of oatmeal coconut cookies. My men loved it all. Poor Brandon though, he is not feeling well, his cold got worse after church. The soup was a good thing for him. Tomorrow we start the 2nd semester, so it will be back to our regular assignments. I cannot believe half the school year is already over.

No comments: