Friday, February 13, 2009

Thank You!

Dear Friends, thank you so much for your prayers. Yesterday I woke feeling awful. I had not gotten very good sleep for a couple of nights straight due to body aches. I was not up to homeschooling and my boys were misbehaving, so I decided to ask for prayer. After posting I went to bed and my sons took care of me. Mark came home for lunch and made me something to eat. Afterward, I fell asleep on our big leather sofa and slept for hours. My sons watched over me, they were good boys. Thankfully at bedtime I got more restful sleep. I certainly needed it because today I had to take the boys to school. I still have congestion in my head which is making my teeth ache along with a slight cough, but I am doing much better than yesterday. The body aches and sore throat are gone, praise God.

During the week I had put some dry beans to soak on the stove. They sat there a couple of days because I got sick. I also had some very ripe bananas waiting on me to turn them into something delicious. Today I was able to make a pot of soup with the beans and some muffins with the bananas. It felt good to get that accomplished. I am also trying to get caught up with my laundry.

Tonight I am having pain after eating. The pain is so strong I cannot block it out. In some ways the pain has been better than it was, but in other ways it is not. I still struggle with a pressure pain in my right side (which is a referred pain). This trial has been hard because it has gone on for so many years. I thought after the reversal of my colostomy I would come into rest, but I am beginning to think maybe having the colostomy was a rest since my digestion was so wonderful at that time. It is hard to understand His ways, but through it all I have seen His great love.

No comments: