Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Could you spare some prayer?

Hello friends, I humbly ask for your prayers. Recovery is still rough and not going the way I would like it to go. I am trying my best to keep my focus on the Lord. My digestion is still painful. There have been a few days where the pain was so bad I cried. Thankfully, these last few days the pain level has gone down (and I believe it is because of prayer). The pain is not gone, just at a more tolerable level which I am so thankful to God. My colon is healing well and is working great, but there is still a bit of stiffness, which I am hoping that will get better over time.

The annoying thing about having pain in my intestines is that I cannot eat a large meal, nor much meat. I have been sticking with light fare and my weight is dropping. Most of my pants are too big for me now, even my size small stretchy skirts are feeling a bit loose. I have dropped a total of 15 lbs since October 9th. I am small to begin with, so I am afraid to drop anymore weight. I saw my doctor and he has ordered a CT scan to see if he can locate the problem in my intestines. I showed him the area where the pain is and it is right next to the incision on the side where he attached the colon. My doctor and I are hoping this problem will resolve on its own, but he reassured me that this is a small problem and he can handle it. Bottom line, everything is in God's hands.

I have also been struggling with a UTI (urinary tract infection). I went to my GP and she prescribed a strong antibiotic which I had a reaction to within minutes of taking it. So I went back to the office and she prescribed something different. That one was in the same class of antibiotics as the other, but less concentration. I was prescribed two pills a day, but I can only manage 1 pill a day. I started to get tingling in my arms so I decided to stop taking it after 4 days. I go back to her on Dec. 4th and hopefully the UTI will be gone, but if it isn't, I am going to ask for some other class of antibiotic because that Floxin group does not do good things to me.

No comments: